Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Regressing?

Allow me to preface this story by saying that Jacob can climb in and out of his crib now, and does so, on a regular basis. We're almost to the toddler bed stage, but I'm putting it off as long as possible...more on that later.

This morning I went to blow dry my hair for 5 minutes in the bathroom. Usually, when I need to do somethingsfor myself, I put Evan in his bouncy chair to watch his Baby Einstein video and Jacob usually plays in either his room or Evan's room (there are toys in both locations). Today, he started out in his own room, but when I turned the blow dryer off, I heard music coming from Evan's room.

I went in to find Jacob lying in Evan's crib, covers pulled up, watching Evan's musical aquarium, with Evan's pacifier in his mouth. I think somebody wants to be the baby again :-) I tried to sneak up on him, but he saw me and said "I'm in Evan's crib!" Then we both started giggling.

I'm noticing more and more signs of jealousy with Jacob. He has even said to Frank on occassion "Put Evan down, Daddy". He also seems to be acting out more, trying to get attention, even if it's negative. We're trying to be more careful to give him some one on one time these days. Ahh, the joys!

1 comment:

scaryhall said...

haha, that's too funny. Your boys are great!