Tuesday, January 27, 2009

8 Months


Today, my little baby boy is 8 months old. Wow! I can't believe how fast this is going. Jacob's babyhood went fast also, but now that we have two, it seems things pass by that much quicker. Evan is extremely inquisitive. Since he was a newborn, he's never liked to be held much. He has to be touching and seeing everything going on around him. I call him my squirmy wormy. He enjoys sitting up on his own, except that now when he rolls down on his tummy, he gets frustrated that he just can't quite crawl yet. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, but that's all at the moment. So, for now, he settles for rolling and scooting to get what he wants. Evan is a very smiley child, except of course for when you want to take his picture. I think he's too fascinated by the red light on the camera right before it snaps the picture. Dang digital cameras! Anyway, Evan is our big eater. He has yet to reject any food I've given him, and he even gets a bit agitated when he see us eating something that he can't have because it requires teeth! He did cut his first tooth this last month, so he's well on his way. His one guilty pleasure is watching his brother cry. I have to think it's his sinful nature coming out, because when his brother sobs, he laughs his head off. It's actually kind of funny to watch :-) He's been praised in the nursery for being the best natured child in there and so easy to care for, so that makes me a very proud mom! Happy 8 Month Birthday Evan!

3 comments:

Stephanie Jabbour said...

i can't believe he is 8 months old already! that is such a cute pic of him. of course, eli would look at it and say he has a messy face. LOL

scaryhall said...

Happy 8 months to my friend mr "stiff". That sounds kind of bad, but I can't think of a better word for it!! ahhhh!!!

Stephanie Jabbour said...

okay....i have gotten bad at blogging too...like, once a month. but, come on!!! jan 27th was your last post!!! lol ;-)